It’s that time of year where we finally can see grass instead of all the snow and we can start thinking about barbeques and get-togethers.
I love cooking outdoors! It’s one of my favorite things.
Being able to keep the mess out of the house for the most part is probably my favorite part :)!
I also love being able to have a big ol’ spread of yummy foods. Salads, desserts, and fresh FRUIT!
Oh my! I seriously am getting anxious for all the cook-outs.
This is one of my most favorite salad recipes I came up with years ago. I love coleslaw! And I love dill, so I put the two together in a salad and voila! This is what I came up with!
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 carrots (peeled)
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- sprinkle of onion salt
- 2 tblsp + dill weed
- Slice cabbage really thin and shred carrots.
- In a separate bowl, combine all other ingredients.
- Pour over cabbage and carrot mixture in a large bowl until just moistened.
- (I had 1 cup dressing left. If you have extra, either add more cabbage or refrigerate for later use:))
- Chill until ready to serve.
original recipe from becauseican.me